Thursday, June 4, 2009

Ginger's Prize!



Here's Ginger, my friend who won my blog contest (and Sal, a kid from church, behind her) :). I made her a chocolate cream pie! This one's special, though. Even though I said I was going to make a homemade treat (and I don't consider pudding pie in a store-bought shell "homemade"), I did add my own twist to it.

Here's what I did:

I used a large chocolate pudding box (mix) and added 2 cups of cold milk. The box says 2.5 cups, but I don't do that :D. After beating the mix and milk together with a whisk for about 2 minutes (it's pretty thick by then), you fold in half of a small container of Cool Whip. Slowly stir this together until the color is uniform. It will be a medium brown. Then, I just added a dash of cinnamon to give it a different taste. I did lick the spoon after scooping it into the pie shell and it was so good! It almost tasted like Jason's famous birthday torte :). Anyway, pour the concoction into the chocolate graham shell and add a little dollop of cool whip on top. Chill for a few hours, just to make sure it's set.

That's it! So easy... and great for the summer, because it's chocolaty yet cool :). Let me know if you try it... it's muy bueno!

Ginger, if you're reading this, I'm sorry I gave you such an unhealthy dessert, but I really couldn't help it. It was the fastest and easiest thing I could make :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Johnny & I have both enjoyed the sweet treat! Thank you for the cool contest! You're great! Love you!